Date of Last Revision: 28th October 2010.
We have tried to make this Statement as clear as possible but if there is anything you would like clarified or you have some suggestions regarding its content, we will endeavour to respond to you as quickly as we can. Under such circumstances please contact us at email@example.com
This Statement details the Terms & Conditions WYGU has with our users and any parties who partner or interact with us in anyway. By using or accessing the site, you agree with the Terms & Conditions stated here.
1 - Definitions & Enforcement
- The term WYGU and the use of the words ‘us’ and ‘we’ refers to WYGU Limited and the services and site we provide under this brand.
- If any portion of this Statement is found to be unenforceable, the remaining portion will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not enforce or overlook aspects of this this Statement, it will not be considered a waiver.
- Nothing in this Statement shall prevent us from complying with the law.
- This Statement makes up the entire agreement between the parties regarding WYGU and will supersede any prior agreements.
- You will comply with all applicable laws when using or accessing WYGU.
2 - Privacy
3 - Sharing Your Content and Information
With the exception of the WYGUpedia, you own all of the content and information you post on WYGU and you can control the manner in which it is shared through your Privacy Settings. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos ("IP content"), you specifically give us the following permission, subject to your own personal Privacy settings: you grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with WYGU (“IP licence"). This IP licence ends when you delete your content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
- When you publish content or information using the "Everyone" setting, it means that you are allowing everyone, including people off of WYGU, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We always appreciate your feedback or other suggestions about WYGU, but you understand that we may use them without any obligation to compensate you for them (just as you have no obligation to offer them).
- Use of the WYGUpedia is bound by the terms of this Statement and by your own Privacy settings. WYGU cannot be held responsible for any of the content contained within the WYGUpedia but we will fully investigate any causes for complaint such as misuse or abuse of copyright.
4 - Safety and User Interests
We do our best to keep WYGU safe, but we cannot guarantee it. We need your help to do that, which includes the following commitments:
- You will not sign up to the site if you are under 14 years of age – this action is prohibited and blocked
- You will not send or otherwise post unauthorised commercial communications (such as spam) on WYGU.
- You will not upload or post deliberately inaccurate, abusive or offensive content to the WYGUpedia.
- You will not collect users' content or information, or otherwise access WYGU using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission.
- You will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme, on WYGU.
- You will not upload viruses or other malicious or disruptive code.
- You will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- You will not bully, intimidate, or harass any user.
- You will not post content that: is hateful, threatening, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence.
- You will not use WYGU to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory.
- You will not offer any contest, giveaway, or promotions on WYGU without our prior written consent. If we consent, you take full responsibility for the promotion and will follow all applicable rules and laws.
- You will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of WYGU or attempt to test or deliberately disrupt the site or service performance.
- You will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
5 - Data Integrity and Security
WYGU exists to bring real value to our community of users and as such users must provide their real names and information. It is also a site that relies upon your contribution of accurate and worthwhile content and we hope that you, as responsible users, will support us in this objective and in the process facilitate an essentially self governing community. The principles that support this and ensure the security of your account are:
- You will not provide any false personal information on WYGU, or create an account for anyone other than yourself without permission.
- You will not create more than one personal profile.
- If we disable your account, you will not create another one without our permission.
- You will not create a profile if you are below 14 years of age.
- You will not use WYGU if you are a convicted sex offender.
- You will not use WYGU for or to promote any unlawful activity
- You will not use your details, profile or any other mechanism to promote, market or engage in any commercial practices or activity beyond those offered as a service within the WYGU.
- You will keep your contact information accurate and up-to-date.
- You will not share your password or let anyone else access your account, or do anything else that might jeopardise the security of your account or the WYGU site.
- You will not transfer your account (including any page or application you administer) to anyone without first getting our written permission.
- If you select a username for your account we reserve the right to remove or reclaim it if we believe appropriate (such as when a trademark owner complains about a username that does not closely relate to a user's actual name).
6 - Protecting Other People's Rights
We respect other people's rights, and require you to do the same.
- You will not post content or take any action on WYGU that infringes or violates someone else's rights, IP, or otherwise violates the law.
- We reserve the right to remove any content or information you post on WYGU if we believe that it violates this Statement.
- If we remove your content for infringing someone else's copyright, and you believe we removed it by mistake, we will provide you with an opportunity to appeal.
- If you repeatedly infringe other people's intellectual property rights, we will disable your account when appropriate.
- You will not use our copyrights or trademarks (including WYGU, WYGUpedia, and W Logos, PSR, Personal Social Responsibility), or any confusingly similar marks, without our written permission.
- You will not post anyone's identification documents or sensitive financial information on WYGU.
7 - Mobile Devices
We plan to introduce mobile services in due course and will draw your attention to additional clauses at the appropriate time.
8 - Payments
All payments on WYGU will conform to our payment terms.
9 - For Advertisers
Over the coming months you will be able to target a specific audience by buying advertising space on WYGU. The following terms will apply:
- All advertisements will comply with our advertising guidelines.
- When you place an order, it will be based on our agreed terms. If we accept your order, we will deliver your advert as space becomes available.
- We reserve the right to reject or remove an advert for any reason.
- You will pay for your orders in accordance with our payment terms.
- The size, placement, and positioning of your adverts will be determined by us.
- We do not guarantee the activity that your ads will receive, such as the number of clicks you will get.
- We cannot control how people interact with your ads, and are not responsible for click fraud or other improper actions that affect the cost of running ads.
- Our license to run your advert will end when we have completed your order.
- We can use your adverts and related content and information for marketing or promotional purposes.
If you are placing ads on someone else's behalf, we need to make sure you have permission to place those ads, including the following:
- You warrant that you have the legal authority to bind the advertiser to this Statement.
- You agree that if the advertiser you represent violates this Statement, we may hold you responsible for that violation.
10 - Amendments to Terms & Conditions
- We are a young company and this Statement is the first iteration; it will change and evolve over time as applicable.
- We will notify you of any updates to this Statement by posting notifications on the WYGU site.
11 - Termination
If you violate the letter or spirit of this Statement, or otherwise create risk or possible legal exposure for us, we can stop providing all or part of WYGU to you. We will notify you by email or at the next time you attempt to access your account. You may also delete your account or disable your application at any time. In all such cases, this Statement shall terminate, but the following provisions will still apply: 3.2, 3.3, 4.7, 9.3, 9.5, 9.6, 9.8, 9.10, 9.11 and 11-13.
12 - Disputes
- If anyone brings a claim against us related to your actions, content or information on WYGU, you will indemnify and hold us harmless from and against all damages, losses, and expenses of any kind (including reasonable legal fees and costs) related to such claim.
- All disputes will be governed by UK law
13 - Liability
WYGU is a new platform and we try to keep it bug-free and safe, but you use it at your own risk. We provide WYGU "as is" without any express or implied warranties including, but not limited to, implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement. We do not guarantee that WYGU will be safe or secure. Advice and guidance from mentors is delivered in good faith by those mentors but does not necessarily represent the views or opinions of WYGU. Any action taken upon receipt of such advice is entirely at the risk and discretion of the user and WYGU can be in now way held responsible. WYGU is not responsible for the actions, content, information, or data of third parties, and you release us, our directors, officers, employees, and representatives from any claims and damages, known and unknown, arising out of or in any way connected with any claim you have against any such third parties. We will not be liable to you for any lost profits or other consequential, special, indirect, or incidental damages arising out of or in connection with this statement or WYGU, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damages. WYGU's liability will be limited to the fullest extent permitted by UK law.